Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Friday, September 19, 2008

Our Little Angel

Roy's family surprised us with this beautiful drawing of Samuel (as an angel with wings). The picture was drawn by Julie Lawhead, who works with our sister-in-law DeAnn in North Dakota. Brent (Roy's youngest brother) and DeAnn are the ones who instigated the project and asked her to do the picture. It is absolutely beautiful, and we love it! THANK YOU, McCluskey Family!!! We miss our baby boy so much. I wish I could hold him again, even if only for a minute. But I don't think I would be able to let go again.

9 comments:

Lorin and Janice said...

I saw that today but was in to big of a hurry to ask about it. What a sweet and beautiful drawing. Sammy truly is an angel. I miss him.

Julie Lawhead said...

McClusky Family,
I am truly honored that you have displayed the drawing I did. Although I never met Samuel I somehow feel connected to him just by doing the drawing. I can see his sweet little face in my minds eye. The angel wings were not in the original request of the drawing but as I was sketching it out, they just seemed like they belonged there so I asked DeAnn if it would be OK and she said yes. It was as if they were meant to be there all along. You were blessed to have him in your life. I hope you enjoy the drawing for many years and that it brings you comfort. Sincerly, Julie Lawhead

Unknown said...

What a tender drawing. Very well done.

Jilleen said...

That is beautiful! We miss him too!

shannon said...

oh how beautiful! what an amazing talent!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful drawing. He is truly an Angel.

Shelly said...

I love all the pictures you posted. I love to watch all the girls dance but I would have to say there is nothing cuter than 3-5 years olds. I also think the picture of Samuel is so neat. We all miss him and think of him daily. I am glad you have some great pictures and drawings of him.

Anne Marie said...

That is so sweet. He truly is a little angel.

Heidi and William said...

Hi Laura and Roy,
where is Roy working now?

Julie did a beautiful job with Sammy's portrait. Sammy is "so darn cute"

I wish I could take your pain away, but only God can do that. Maybe instead of thinking of Sammy and being sad every day...do something for Sammy everyday.. in his honor that serves someone else or makes you more Christ like, etc. I love you Guys and want you to find happiness and peace and live a full life to share with Sammy....He is watching and probably more involved in your life than you think.