Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Monday, July 6, 2009

Torri Lyn Martin


This post is WAY past due, but I just wanted to put a little something about sweet Torri who passed away on June 4, 2009. We agonized with her family for 2 months while she was sick at Primary Children's Medical Center, and I was privileged to visit her just hours before she died. We are still so sad that she had to leave us, but we know that she is happy and carefree and busy with Samuel doing lots of important work for our Heavenly Father. I truly believe that she and Samuel and the others in our family who have passed on are our personal guardian angels. Her funeral was beautiful, and yet somehow I was still a total disaster that day. I guess I was reliving my own experience, but with the added pain that I felt for Brad and Cathy. We are so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Here is a picture of Torri with her mom , Cathy, who is my (Laura's) first cousin.
Cathy and I are the same age, and we just can't believe that we have each had to say goodbye to a child. I am sure we will help each other as we press forward. And we will rejoice together when we are reunited with our babies. I love you, Cathy! The evening after the funeral, there was a beautiful, full double rainbow. It brought such warmth to my heart as I reflected on the significance of rainbows and how they are reminders of our Heavenly Father's love for us and that He always keeps His promises. (The pictures don't do the rainbows justice; they were really magnificent.)

1 comment:

The Burninghams said...

Laura,
I am so sorry. I have been out of touch. I never blog or look at blogs. I just read your facebook status and it made me wonder what had happened. So tragic.
xoxo