Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Thursday, October 2, 2008

St. George

Roy and I took a mini trip Monday thru Wednesday this week to St. George...with no kids! Elisabeth and Rebekah didn't quite appreciate that part of it, but we did! The two of us haven't been away alone since...well, I'm not really sure...but at least since sometime before I got pregnant with Samuel, and maybe even before Rebekah was born. (We don't count the weeks at the hospital with Samuel, even though technically we were alone then...sharing the twin bed in the parent sleeping room or the couch in the foyer wasn't that romantic...really.) Anyway, Roy wanted to show me the Pirate Island restaurant that is getting close to completion down there, and it is really awesome! We are excited for work to begin on the Pirate Island here next week. Finally!!! Roy will be helping with the physical labor as soon as that gets going, as well as helping to plan how to run the restaurant. He is going to be the general manager. We are really excited about this new career opportunity. (More to come about Pirate Island at a later date.) Anyway, Monday night we went to see the movie Forever Strong. It was really good, and we definitely recommend it. On Tuesday we slept in, shopped at the outlet stores, and took an afternoon nap. Then we went to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Amphitheatre. Other than just being alone with Roy, Les Mis was the highlight of the trip. It was GREAT!!! We had never seen the stage production (just the movie), so it was really spectacular. What a great story! And it was a beautiful evening. Tuacahn is really an amazing venue. We had a great time! I love you, Roy!!!

6 comments:

Lorin and Janice said...

I am soooo glad you were able to get away together! Sounds like a you had a great time. You two deserved it.

Mandella Green said...

glad you could get away! YEA!

Jilleen said...

I'm glad you were able to get away for a few days. EVERY couple needs to make an effort for time for just the two of them. :)

Unknown said...

Lucky...

Shelly said...

I am so glad you two got to get away ALONE. Any couple needs that time together. It is good for children to see that their parents spend time together also. I want to go to see a play there sometime too. I am so glad you had fun.

shannon said...

oh, i am totally jealous...a get away with just the 2 of you! how fun!