Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School



Our sweet, little, I-think-I'm-a-teenager-and-act-like-it-too Elisabeth went back to school yesterday (Monday, August 18). She is in Mrs. Gatenby's 2nd grade class. She was so excited to wear her new clothes and use her new High School Musical backpack (I wanted to buy her a My Little Pony backpack, but I guess she's "too old" for that now). She said she only got homesick a couple times during the day. This year we are letting her walk to school with her friends, which is really kinda nice for the moms. We are only a couple blocks away from the school, and it is a straight shot down the street. They really should have been walking last year too. We didn't realize, however, that early out day had been adjusted to 15 minutes longer than last year, so we were a little worried when the kids didn't come home right away. Now we know. No homework yet either!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Isnt that so bizzare! Tell me odd, I just got back from Jr. High meet the teacher day! Holy smokes! I am so old!

Shelly said...

She looks so cute and why do all of our oldest act older than they are? Teenage years are going to creep up faster than we want them to already, they don't need to have the attitude yet. What good kids though! Glad she made it through the day without getting too homesick.

Jilleen said...

She looks so cute! Glad the walking is going to work out for you this year.

Carrie said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting! Thanks for the plug-in for the Twilight series, I am getting ready to start them. I hope they are as good as the all the hipe I'm hearing!

Lorin and Janice said...

Lissa looks so cute in her new clothes. Hope this school year goes great for her.

The Burninghams said...

No fair!! We got homework the first day. Cute cute cute pictures!
xoxo

Airi said...

School will start for my last 2 kids next week....I can't wait!! I think they are ready too.
Do you girls go to Cherry Hill Elementary School? Brings back sooo many memories. I also wish that we lived close enough so that my kids could walk too...gas is soooo expensive too. Hope they adjust well to school.

Megan said...

I hope Lissa had fun at school!

shannon said...

is she really that old? i love the HSM backpack!