
I attended the Festival of Trees bid night tonight. Samuel's tree display was so wonderful. I loved it! I cried, of course. He probably never would have had a bedroom like that in real life. I spent the evening with Trissa Peleschka and her husband Wolfe, her daughter Rachel, and my good friend (Trissa's youngest daughter) Katie Nicholson. Katie and I met at Primary Children's when her baby spent 3 weeks there with RSV during the same time Sam was there. Trissa donated the tree, and she and Rachel put it all together. I am glad that Primary Children's Medical Center will benefit from this, so that they can continue to help children get better. I know they wanted to make Samuel well too. I saw my friend Rosann there with her mother also. I am still amazed at how Samuel's sweet face draws people to him. The woman who bought his tree burst into tears when I told her that Samuel passed away. People are so kind, and it means a lot to me that they care.

5 comments:
That looked like the perfect room...I loved it! I too wish that my kid's room looked like that. I feel that I'm always telling...I mean yelling at them to pick up their clothes and toys and everything off the floor. But I guess I was like that at times as a child too. Oh well, now I know how my mom must have felt.
The display is beautiful. Way more than I even imagined! Can't wait to see it tonight.
Wow!
They did a really good job. It will be so fun to see it in person. I am in tears.
I wish I could see it!
We went and took the kids last night just to be able to see Sam's memory tree. I stood there and the tears just poured down my face. I was in awe of the beautiful work that they had done. You must feel so good knowing how may people loved that little guy!
Post a Comment