Valentine's Day this year was great! Roy surprised me with an overnight date on Tuesday to The Anniversary Inn in SLC. We ate at Sizzler and then just watched movies and relaxed in the Carriage Suite. We've stayed in that one before, and we love it! It was a great night away. We stayed up too late, but we slept in late too. Then we went to the Jordan River Temple for a session in the afternoon. We got married there 14 1/2 years ago, but we had never been back. It was really wonderful. While sitting in the Celestial Room, I felt such peace...like everything was alright with my world. Then we ate Swedish meatballs at IKEA and bought some of our favorite treats there (Bilar, Anna's Pepparkakor, but no chocoloate this time) before heading home. It was a sweet Valentine's gift!

Our girls were given so many gifts and so much attention while Samuel was in the hospital last year, so we decided to include Megan and Logan in our Valentine's gifts this year. We bought each of them an outfit and some candy. Of course, Logan's outfit couldn't match the girls' outfits or he would have been offended. He was pretty happy with Transformers. We gave the gifts on Friday the 13th since Megan and Logan were going home for the weekend with Janice. We had to get some photos. The four-year-olds are funny.

This morning Elisabeth and Rebekah were thrilled to receive a package from Great Grandma McCluskey with these adorable little plush bears. She made the cute outfits, and they just happened to match their Valentine's outfits. :-)
3 comments:
Laura, that is so awesome that Roy took you on an overnight Valentine's trip! How fun! I'm glad you got to get away--and glad you got to go to the temple. I love seeing all your posts and pictures here! Are the pictures scrapbook pages you have done on paper, or on the computer???
Yes, it was so great getting away with just Roy. I did the pictures on the computer in Print Shop. I don't like that they won't enlarge when clicked on though, so I may repost them individually. I am actually going to look into computerized scrapbooking. One of my neighbors does it that way, and I might do better at that than using paper. I like the paper though, so I am sort of torn.
I am so glad you were able to go get away. I love how you included Logan and Megan in your valentine's day. Also I think it is neat how Roy's grandma is still able to make them all of the cute outfits and stuff that she does. What a great thing to treasure.
Post a Comment