Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sammy!!!








Today, July 30th, is Samuel's birthday. He would have turned 2 years old today. It's hard to believe that he is gone. We miss him so much! Yesterday, on Laura's mom's birthday, we had a pizza party to celebrate. Elisabeth (mostly) and Rebekah blew out Sam's candles. P.J. and Debbie presented us with a beautiful gift, a framed arrangement made with dried flowers from Samuel's funeral. It is gorgeous and something we will treasure. It really brightened our day. Today we had a little private party at the cemetery. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Samuel and said a prayer. It was nice. We each opened a gift. We got a surprise while we were sitting there, when the sun popped the mylar balloon we had attached to the grave. :-) We are so thankful for the scrapbooks Laura's sisters helped put together for us so that we can look back at Samuel's pictures and remember better his sweet spirit. He will always be with us. We love you, Sammy!!!

9 comments:

Lorin and Janice said...

We miss Sammy so much. I am sure that he was there with you celebrating his birthday. may the Lord's peace continue to be with you!

Shannon P. said...

It was so fun to see that you now have a blog. It made me smile to see the darling pictures of your Sammy. I will add you to my blog.It is www.thepoulsenhousehold.blogspot.com take care

Unknown said...

I am so happy to see that you have started a blog. I am thrilled to be able to keep up with you. I am sorry that I havent met you for lunch yet. Right after we e-mailed my dad had a stroke! Things have just gotten progressivly harder since. I still want to catch up. I LOVE the title of your blog. It really shows your faith. You WILL be with your little sweethart again. He is surely watching over you now looking forward to those days... Click our name to check our blog. I am going to add you to my blog role. all my love
Michelle

Shelly said...

I am so glad we were able to celebrate sammy's birthday with you guys. We love him and all of you guys. We pray for you always.

Anonymous said...

We miss you Sammy. We remembered his birthday. Thanks to Aunt Wilma for giving out the fam. calendar.

The Knouse's said...

Your blog is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I also love the title of your blog. We continue to think of you often and I'm glad you were assigned as my visiting teacher.

Airi said...

Welcome to the life of blogging...it's definitely a great way to keep in touch with everyone!! I love your blog and the pictures are wonderful!!!! You are always in my thoughts and prayers! I am forever grateful for friends like you who have touched my life in so many ways...thank you for being who you are!! My family blog is www.kuriharaohana.blogspot.com

shannon said...

wow! how amazing that you could do that for him and for the girls. you're such a strong inspiration to us all. i'm sure he celebrated right along with you guys!

Jilleen said...

It was fun to be able to celebrate Sammy's birthday with you. You planned some really great things. I hope it was a good day for you all in all.