Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Roy, Laura, Elisabeth, Rebekah, & Samuel

Saturday, December 6, 2008

If the Savior Stood Beside Me

This is a new book recently released by Greg Olsen called "If the Savior Stood Beside Me", and the little boy on the front cover looks so much like Samuel to me. It was really interesting how I felt when I saw that book for the first time. I can't really describe the feelings, but I know Samuel is doing well and is happy. I just had to buy the book last night, and I have looked at it a million times in the last 24 hours. It was like getting a postcard in the mail from Samuel while he is on his vacation with the Savior. :-) They had even chosen to sing the song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" at Elisabeth's baptism today (I'll post about that later). I am thankful for all of the little messages I feel I get sent from Samuel.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your post on the care pages, and your right. He does look just like the little boy in the picture. Arent the tender mercies of the Lord, amazing?
I have a bunch of pictures I am going to post of his tree as well. It doesnt take away the sting, but makes the heart feel full to know that so many care... I have had Several family member's who have had tree's over the last few years.

Jilleen said...

I'm so glad you have felt Sam's love and care for you. The Spirit was overwhelming to me as Elisabeth was confirmed.

Susie said...

Thanks for posting a picture of the book. That is a sweet painting. I too cried when I saw Sammy's tree at the Festival. Wow, what an amazing gift of love.

Natalie said...

Thank you for sharing those tender thoughts. That picture made me think- that must have been what it looked like when Sam was welcomed back into heaven! So many tender mercies from the Lord each day!

Shelly said...

I will have to go check that book cover out because the picture on your blog is not showing up. I also felt the spirit so strong at the baptism. I know Samuel is happy and all I could think about yesterday was his smiling face. I love him and miss him so much.

Tony & Marci Harward said...

Now you don't have to worry about not getting sammy a dog because he has Tuck to take care of! It makes me feel a little better to think of it that way. All dogs go to heaven and little boys need dogs...so there you have it!

Airi said...

That looks like a beautiful book and I LOVE LOVE that song. My kids sang that song at my daughter's baptism...it truly brings in the spirit. I've got to get me one of those books.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will add you to my sidebar.

We saw Samuel's tree at the Festival of Trees. Loved that cute pic of him with the glasses. The tree and everything was amazing. They did such a great job.

It has been good to catch up with your family on your blog. Thanks for sharing all that you have, you have an amazing family.